OKRs hold great promise as a methodology for goal-setting and strategy execution.
Initially popularized by Andy Grove at Intel, and brought to Silicon Valley by John Doerr of Kleiner Perkins, OKRs have been implemented by thousands of companies around the world.
Watch our OKR Basics Introduction Video
Who The Course Is For
The OKR Basics eCourse, plus downloadable materials, provides background, context, and basic principles of the OKR methodology that is appropriate for everyone from senior leaders to individual contributors. In addition, it provides foundational background appropriate for:
- All Users - Establish a common language and context for OKRs.
- Learning and Development - A pre-packaged course that can be rolled out immediately and customized with a message for your company.
- Internal and external consultants - A pre-packaged course that can be used with any of your clients and customized with a message from you.
Course Content And Benefits
Upon completion of this course participants will learn to identify, articulate, and contextualize foundational elements of OKRs, including:
- The business challenges OKRs help to address
- How OKRs improve upon other methodologies
- The history and adoption of OKRs
- The business benefits of OKRs
- The key definitions of the OKR language
- How to write high quality OKRs
- OKR superpowers
- How OKRs enable a more agile organization
- The OKR cycle and meetings
- How OKRs cascade throughout an organization
- How OKRs relate to Performance Management
- Leading and lagging measures of company performance (including OKRs and KPIs)
- Common OKR Pitfalls and Remedies
Downloadable Support Materials
The OKR Basics course comes with downloadable materials that are designed to reinforce the content, and help to immediately translate learning into action. The downloadable materials for this course include:
- Test Your Knowledge
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Comparison of OKRs and KPIs
- OKRs On A Page
- OKR Pitfalls and Mitigations